Your careers website is, for obvious reasons, the hub of your recruitment marketing program. And, along with the ATS and interview processes, is pivotal to the overall candidate experience of your job applicants. As such, it should always be treated as a living, breathing entity — restructured, reorganized, enhanced and optimized.
It’s rare when an organization needs to turn its employer brand promise completely on its head. Nonetheless, there are many ways to breathe new life into the experience periodically (creative refresh, functional enhancements, site personalization and globalization, just to name a few).
When it came time for Wegmans to revamp their website experience, they had a few objectives in mind:
- A new look and feel
- More visually oriented
- Aligned with their new brand identity
- User Experience
- Re-engineer the navigation tab and page layout to make content more ubiquitous and easier to access
- Telling the Job Story
- For Warehouse jobs, implement a moving ‘Reasons Why’ infographic: https://jobs.wegmans.com/Retail-Service-Center
- On all Culinary job description pages, implement a ‘Career Path’ infographic:
Wegmans Talent Sourcing & Diversity Manager Karen Loughlin had this to say about the experience:
“Partnering with TMP helped us reignite our brand and attract top-tier talent for our growing company. They helped us navigate what we should show on our site and provided the data to back up every recommendation.”
In the four months since the site refreshed, traffic is up 20% compared to the same time period in 2018.
Now that the refresh is complete and showing positive results, they’ve turned their eyes to the future. They have instituted TalentBrew Self Service to be able to add (and map) new content to their site and their jobs in real-time.
Always be evolving. Wegmans exemplifies that as much as any company.
Make sure to visit the new Wegmans TalentBrew Careers Site!
[Editor’s Note: Congrats to Wegmans for reaching #3 on FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® 2019: https://fortune.com/best-companies/2019/wegmans-food-markets/ and #30 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work 2020 list: https://www.glassdoor.com/Award/Best-Places-to-Work-LST_KQ0,19.htm]
Special thanks to the Wegmans Account Team at TMP:
- Zia Kanner, Account Director
- Amanda Ayotte, Digital Strategist
- Mary Alice Sosnoski, VP Client Strategy
- Tim Connor, Creative Director
- Kelly Brown, Digital Project Manager
- Flannagh Fitzsimmons, Account Executive
- Gabriel Derr, Account Executive
- Radancy: HOA’s Perfect Wingman - April 25, 2023
- Vancouver International Airport’s Career Website: Reaching for the Sky - April 6, 2023
- Allied Universal: Optimizing Candidate Flow - December 20, 2022
- Citizens: Facilitating Positive Candidate Outcomes - May 19, 2022
- Carnival: Shoring Up Recruitment for the Next Voyage - December 13, 2021
- Today, I – CHS Inc.’s Candidate Experience Journey - August 12, 2021
- PG&E: Making It Possible for Their People - July 22, 2021
- Boston Pizza: A Canadian Success Story - July 7, 2021
- Audible: Amplifying Employees’ Voices - November 23, 2020
- Coca-Cola European Partners: Differentiating, Consolidating & Optimizing - November 6, 2020
You must be logged in to post a comment.